Yoga teacher required to house/cat sit and cover classes from July – Sept 2018
Closing Date: Friday 1 June 2018
We are looking for a highly trained and experienced yoga teacher to cover our classes and look after our cat and home from Monday 16 July up to and including Thursday 6 Sept 2018. If you are interested please contact us and we will send you the specific dates and the salary.
We are based in Sheffield and all our classes are a short (within 20 minutes) walk away from our lovely home. There are local shops on your doorstep, a great variety of parks to explore, the famous Peak District is just a short bus ride away and the city centre is a 30-minute walk away or you can catch the local bus which stops just a few minutes away from the house. Our house is also located in the antiques and vegan quarter of Sheffield.
Our home is very comfortable and designed so that you can deepen your yoga practice. We have a fantastic array of yoga resources, such as a great variety of yoga books and DVDs, a harmonium and a fully equipped small yoga studio (you can see some photos on this page).
You will be staying in the guest room which has a very comfortable double bed in it. Our kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to make smoothies, juices and cook wonderful meals.
We run a well-established yoga business called Yoga Nature that has been running for 14 years. You will be teaching up to five classes per week in different venues in the local area.
Please find below a description of what we are looking for in the person…
- Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) to have been undertaken over a period of a minimum of 1 year; ideally, over 2 years.
- The YTT to have been with a very reputable Yoga School.
- To have a minimum of 2 years of self-practice.
- To teach Hatha yoga or predominantly Hatha based yoga styles, such as Dru, Satyananda or Mandala Yoga.
- To have up to date public liability insurance and first aid certificate.
- To be friendly, honest, kind and fun.
- To be vegan or veggie at least.
- To love animals and in particular cats.
- To have been teaching yoga for a minimum of 1 year.
- To have an up to date DBS check.
- To have a love of plants and all things natural.
What to do next?
If you are interested please contact us.